Monday 4 August 2008

Orange

The strange significance of this image will become a little clearer to the reader (and to me, I trust!) over the next few days. I must first give my mind a chance to catch up with, and deliberate on my inner experience and hopefully prepare to articulate something of what happened during my Experiment with Light focusing meditations last evening. This odd image contains a message for me, a challenge to take action. Whilst wishing to avoid coming across as though I have completely lost the plot, it's feels much more vital that I honour and describe this vision and its deeper meaning with as much integrity as I can: faithfully, coherently and completely. Right now I feel terribly timid about doing this, but know I must. If I do not I am very likely to just slip right back into my customary torpor. And if I do set myself the challenge of writing it down here at least it can then possibly serve as a salutory reminder of how I might begin to fulfil my soul's purpose. Suffice to say, for the time being at least, that this image of an orange bathed in light came to me in response to my asking the question: "What next, Lord?". His answer resonated so deeply I was moved to tears!

And yet I must be patient for now, as I seek discernement just to check that what happened was real- not just my crazed imagination. It may take me a few days, perhaps even a few weeks to assimilate the full signifcance of what's occurred, to test it's validity before I get round to describing it here. However, just for now I include this picture as reminder to myself that something does appear to have shifted deep within my heart- and I seem to have been afforded an extraordinary and unexpected glimpse of what I am being called to do with my life from now on.

More to follow.

3 comments:

Seralu said...

Hmmm...orange to me at the moment (because I've been doing those chakra cleansing cds) has to do with the second chakra...creativity! desire! relationship!
But it sounds like there is more to your vision because of the profound emotion that accompanied it...I just wanted a wee guess cause tis so intriguing :-)

Mark said...

Wow. You're definitely on the right track, Sarah. This has everything to do with creativity, and believe it or not the latter part of this extraordinary vision involved all my chakras being illuminated too. This vision was such a wierd thing to happen- indeed. so wierd that I cannot believe my own conscious or even my unconscious mind was in control of it. I can't help but feel it contains very definite messages in its imagery. It's going to take me a little time to unravel it all, but I am suffused with a sense of real peace today. Either that, or I have finally lost my marbles entirely!
:-)

Seralu said...

That is lovely to hear, go with it, don't question it. I think it is a very good omen for your creative inner life. Yeah the image sounded really close to what I try to visualise when I do the chakra clearing cd. But that's me trying to visualise it...the fact that you've been GIVEN this vision, is a far more positive affirmation of where you're at :-)