Thursday 27 November 2008

Tally's Blood "THANK YOU"

And, in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.” (The Beatles)

Dear All,

Many of you know that Tally’s Blood was for me somewhat of a departure from the type of pretentious, arty stuff I usually do, both as a director and as an actor… But what an enchanting experience it was to work on this charming play with such a delightful team of people. A huge thank you each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart for everything that you brought to the last 2 months of hard slog. Your professionalism, your good humour, your patience and trust in me, your generosity, courage and talent added up to something even greater than the sum of all its parts. The warmth and affection you showed for each other radiated in waves out into the auditorium, and what a joy and a privilege it was for me to witness the tears and smiles of all those leaving the theatre at the end of each night, having been power-blasted with all that love-energy for 2½ hrs! :-) I like to think that the friendships that have been forged amongst us will grow beyond this experience- and perhaps it's this that will give me my most cherished memory of this happy time. Each one of you can afford to take enormous pride in all you did to make this production a truly magical experience- not just for me, but for hundreds and hundreds of people all over this city.

In love and deep gratitude,

Mark x

No comments: